Aim of the Course
This course will be a theoretical and practical introduction to robotic surgery for rectal, pancreatic and esophageal tumors. It is a hands on course for surgeons who want to implement or expand their robotic program and improve their robotic skills.
Daniel Perez, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, DE
Jakob Izbicki, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, DE
David Jayne, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds,West Yorkshire,UK
Jesper Olsen, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen, DK
Andrea Coratti, Careggi University Hospital, Grosseto, IT
Philippe Rouanet, Institut du Cancer de Montpellier Val d’Aurelle, Montpellier, FR
Jelle Ruurda, University Medical Center, Utrecht, NL
Giuseppe Spinoglio, Ospedale di Alessandria, Alessandria, IT
Robotic simulation, hands on practice, proctored wet lab sessions and live-case discussions that will provide a maximum learning experience.
- Two DaVinci XI Robotic Systems will be available for proctoredpractice on cadavers
- Hands on sessions of robotic low anterior resection (LAR) and total mesorectal excision (TME) on cadavers|
- Hands on sessions of robotic distal pancreatectomy on cadavers
- Two DaVinci Simulators will be available for practice
- Personal access to the DaVinci-simulator under guidance of an experienced surgeon
- Live operations (LAR & TME, distal pancreatectomy)
- Esophagectomy video demonsration with Q&A sessions chaired by experienced surgeons
- Scientific lectures with interactive discussions between participants and faculty members
- Novice surgeons to robotics wishing to implement a robotic programme.
- Experienced surgeons and senior residents willing to improve their robotic practice to more complex procedures such as TME and pancreatic and esophageal resections.
Attendance is on a first come first served basis and participation is limited to 20 participants.
Participation fee is 1000€ for ESSO members and 1200€ for non-members.
The fee includes the registration to the course, breaks and lunches and a social dinner.
Application must include:
• Complete application form
• Short CV (max. 2 pages)
Please click here to download the course programme.