Aim of Course
This Advanced course will provide an answers to questions such as
- How do I manage the patient's preoperative assessment
- How do neoadjuvant or induction chemotherapy impact on our approach to CRMs?
- How do I use and optimise ultrasound guided CRM surgery?
- Do I clamp the pedicle or not?
- How do I transect the liver parenchyma?
- Do I prefer anatomical to non anatomical resections?
Serge Evrard, Professor of Surgery, Digestive Tumours Unit, Institut Bergonié/University of Bordeaux, FR
Thomas Gruenberger, Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery I, Rudolf Foundation Hospital, Vienna, AT
Graeme Poston, Consultant Hepatobiliary Surgeon, Divisional Medical Director and Chairman of the Division of Surgery, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Peter Naredi, Professor of Surgery, Chairman of the Department of Surgery, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, SE
Michel Rivoire, Professor of Surgery, Coordinator of the Department of Surgery, Centre Régional Léon Bérard, Lyon, FR
Theo Ruers, Professor of Surgery, Head of the Division of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, NL
Stefan Stättner, Paracelsus Medizinische Privatunivrsität, Salzburg, AT
Guido Torzilli, Full Professor of Surgery, Humanitas University School of Medicine; Chairman of the Dept of Surgery, Director of the Division of hepatobiliary and general surgery, Humanitas Research Hospital, Milan, IT
Grégoire Desolneux (Institut Bergonié)
Véronique Vendrely (CHU Bordeaux)
Jean Palussière (Institut Bergonié)
Hervé Trillaud (CHU Bordeaux)
Ideal Course Candidate
- Senior residents (last two years of training)
- Junior consultant surgeon (within five years of board certification)
- Experienced consultant surgeon
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Plenary lectures, workshops
- Live transmission of liver procedures
- Video discussions
Participation fee is 650 EUR for ESSO members and 800 EUR for non members. The fee includes registration to the course, coffee breaks and lunches and a social dinner.
Click here to apply.
Click here to download the programme.