Board of Directors
On the occasion of the ESSO 36 Congress in Krakow, Poland, Professor Santiago Gonzalez-Moreno (Medical Director MD Anderson Cancer Center Madrid, Spain) took over the presidency of the society from Professor Riccardo A. Audisio (Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden).
The General Assembly elected a new President-elect, Dr. Tibor Kovacs (UK/Hungary), a new Treasurer, Prof. Domenico M. D'Ugo (Italy), and new Board members, namely Prof. William Allum (UK), Prof. Michel Rivoire (France), Dr. Hassan Malik (UK) and Dr. Isabel Teresa Rubio (Spain).
For information on the roles and responsibilities of the board please read this document.
Prof. Santiago Gonzalez-Moreno (ES), Medical Director and Head of Surgical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Madrid
Tibor Kovacs (UK), Surgical Oncologist at Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London
Prof. Riccardo A. Audisio (SE), Professor of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Prof. Marjut Leidenius (FI), Department Head, Breast Surgery Unit, Medical University Hospital Helsinki, Finland
Prof. Domenico M. D'Ugo (IT), Professor of Surgery at Catholic University of Rome, “A.Gemelli” Medical School, Italy
- Prof. Serge Evrard (FR), The Digestive Tumours Unit, Institut Bergonié, Comprehensive Cancer Center of Bordeaux & South Western of France
- Prof. Cornelis van de Velde (NL), Professor of Surgery and Chairman of the Department of Surgical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
- Mrs. Lynda Wyld (UK), Senior Lecturer in Surgical Oncology at the University of Sheffield, UK
- Prof. Wojciech Polkowski (PL), Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology of the Medical University of Lublin, Poland
- Dr. Hassan Malik (UK) University Hospital Aintree, Aintree, United Kingdom
- Prof. Odysseas Zoras (GR), Professor of Surgical Oncology and Chair of the Department of Surgical Oncology at the University of Crete, Medical School, Greece
- Prof. Agnieszka Kolacinska (PL), Consultant surgeon and Professor of Surgery at the Military Division of the Medical University of Lodz, Department of Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Prof. Michel Rivoire (FR) Leon Berard Cancer Centre, Lyon, France
- Dr. Isabel-Teresa Rubio (SP), Director, Breast Surgical Unit, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Spain
- Prof. William Allum (UK) Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
- Ms. Carine Lecoq (BE), Chief Operating Officer