ESSO 36 Congress Fellowships
The ESSO 36 Scientific Committee will award a number of fellowship grants to Polish participants and participants from emerging countries* to attend the Congress.
* low income economies and low-middle income economies as per the classification of the World Bank.
To be considered for a fellowship grant, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
• Be a member of ESSO or PSSO;
• Be under the age of 40;
• Submit an abstract for ESSO 36. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered first;
• Submit a letter explaining the benefits of attending ESSO 36;
• Provide a two-page CV (including date of birth and list of 5 publications);
• Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial
• Provide a copy of the submitted abstract;
The deadline for receipt of applications is 1 April 2016 (abstract submission deadline). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
A maximum of 8 Travel Grants will be offered. Each travel grant will include:
• Reimbursement of 500 Euro for travel costs will be provided after the congress. If travel is less than 500 EUR, the remaining amount will be used to cover accommodation or registration to the Congress.
The final decision concerning the recipients of travel grants lies at the sole discretion of the ESSO 36 Scientific Committee.
Successful applicants will be notified mid May 2016.
No-show or the absence of a poster will lead to the cancellation of the grant.
Travel grants will be paid within one month after the congress upon submission of receipts.
Please send your application to:
Telephone: +32 (0)2 537 31 06
To know more about the ESSO 36, visit the congress webpage the congress webpage.
ESSO 34-BASO 2014
The ESSO 34-BASO 2014 Scientfic Committee awarded 5 bursaries to young doctors from countries with low-income or low-middle income economies*.
The following individuals were granted a congress fellowship to attend the congress last year:
- Akshay Anand Agarwal, 28, senior resident, Specialist Oncology Unit of the Department of Surgery at King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, India
- Dilshod Ergamberdiev, 36, working as an oncologist in the Abdominal cancer unit of the National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan in Tashkent
- Hisham Khalifa, 38, lecturer of Surgical Oncology at the NCI-Cairo University, Egypt
- Prashant Sharma, 36, working as a surgical oncologist at Mittal Hospital & Research Center, India
- Leekhi Nitin, 34, working as a surgical oncologist at the Regional Cancer Center of Trivandrum, India