ESSO Course on Colorectal Robotic Surgery
24-25 November, 2017 - Closed
Venue: Hamburg (DE)
Aim of the Course
This course will be a practical introduction to robotic colorectal cancer surgery. Participants will have the opportunity to train with DaVinci simulators and then put this into practice by performing robotic sigmoid colon resection, low anterior resection (LAR) and right colectomy on cadavers.
- The latest generation of DaVinci robotic system will be used by the participants for practice on cadavers.
- Hands on sessions of robotic low anterior resection, sigmoidectomy and right colectomy on cadavers
- Simulation sessions with DaVinci Simulators under guidance of an experienced surgeon
- Live demonstration of surgical procedures: tips and tricks
- Video-based discussion sessions: LAR, sigmoidectomy, right colectomies.
- Lectures with interactive discussions between participants and faculty members
Colorectal and general surgeons planning to start a robotic programm or with limited experience in robotics.
This course is closed