ESSO Advanced Course on Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
25-27 November, 2020 - Open
Venue: Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, PT
Aim of the course
This 3-day course is designed to provide an insight on the most recent updates in pancreatic cancer surgery and how to deal with the most challenging situations that pancreatic surgeons will face during their career. Participants will become familiar with the most advanced and innovative surgical approaches and techniques for treatment of pancreatic cancer as well as with the most appropriate management of pancreatic surgery-related complications. They will recognize areas of uncertainty in the indications and timing of surgery for pancreatic cancer and controversies in.
Tips&tricks video sessions will provide a comprehensive insight on advanced dissection and vascular reconstruction techniques even in the field of minimally invasive approach to the pancreas. A hands-on practical session on 3D-models will provide an opportunity to practice vascular reconstruction or unfamiliar anastomotic techniques. In the last part of the course, real-life case reports will be discussed simulating a real multidisciplinary board where participants will be able to interactively test their learning, especially regarding therapeutic indications and complications management.
- Diagnosis and treatment of resectable, borderline resectable and locally advanced pancreatic cancer
- Surgical techniques for borderline/locally advanced pancreatic cancer
- Decision-making and management of IPMN
- Minimally invasive pancreatic surgery
- Management of pancreatic surgery-related complications
- Plenary lectures
- Video-based discussion sessions
- Practical workshop with synthetic 3D models
- MDT discussion sessions on real cases
- Senior residents in surgery
- Fellow surgeons
- Junior and experienced consultant surgeons
Before applying for this course please read carefully the ESSO Terms and Conditions for Educational Live Events.