ESSO Advanced Course on Peritoneal Surface Malignancy
17-19 October, 2019 - Open
Venue: Vienna (AT)
Aims of the course
This comprehensive workshop will address the state-of-the art multimodal treatment of patients with peritoneal surface malignancies.
The main objective is to provide participants with the latest evidence on the diagnosis and optimal interdisciplinary management of patients with peritoneal surface malignancies through internationaly renowned experts in the field.
- Plenary lectures
- MDT case sessions
- Video transmission of surgical procedures
- Malignant peritoneal mesothelioma: pathology and disease management
- Peritoneal surface malignancies arising from appendiceal, colorectal, gastric and ovarian cancers: pathology, diagnosis and clinical pathways
- Surgical technique of cytoreductive surgery (CRS): how to achieve complete surgical cytoreduction
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): current status and future developments
- How to optimally integrate systemic chemotherapy with CRS and HIPEC in a multidisciplinary setting
- Setting up a peritoneal malignancy service. challenges and opportunities
- Teams of surgeons, oncologists and nurse specialists involved in treating patients with peritoneal surface malignancies.
- Surgeons and oncologists considering starting a peritoneal surface malignancy program.
Before applying please read carefully the ESSO Terms and Conditions for Educational Live Events.