ESSO Advanced Course on Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
12-13 September, 2019 - Open
Venue: Milan (IT)
Aim of the course
This course is designed to provide an insight on several controversial aspects of pancreatic cancer surgery and to cover the most recent advances in the field. Participants will become familiar with the most advanced and innovative surgical approaches for pancreatic malignancies as well as with the most appropriate management of pancreatic surgery-related complications. Moreover, they will recognize areas of uncertainty in the indications and timing for surgery of pancreatic neoplasms.
During this 2-day course, attendees will become familiar with the management of the most challenging situations that they will face during their career as pancreatic surgeons. Tips&tricks video sessions will provide a comprehensive insight on the most advanced surgical techniques even in the field of minimally invasive approach to the pancreas. In the last part of the course, real-life case reports will be discussed simulating a real multidisciplinary board where participants will be able to interactively test their learning especially regarding therapeutic indications and complications management.
- Diagnosis and treatment of borderline/locally advanced pancreatic cancer
- Management of IPMN and pancreatic NET
- Surgical techniques for borderline/locally advanced pancreatic cancer
- Minimally invasive pancreatic surgery
- Management of pancreatic surgery-related complications
- Plenary lectures
- Video-based discussion sessions
- Case-discussion sessions
- MDT discussions on real cases
- Senior residents in surgery
- Fellow surgeons
- Junior and experienced consultant seniors
Before applying for this course please read carefully the ESSO Terms and Conditions for Educational Live Events.
Please help us organize this course correctly and do not apply if you are not sure you are going to attend it.