ESSO-EYSAC Hands on Course on Thyroid Cancer
3-4 November, 2022 - Open
Venue: Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale), DE
Aim of the course
This two-day event is designed to cover the most recent advances in thyroid cancer therapy including methods of detection, treatment and research. At the end of the course, participants should be able to discuss the latest thyroid cancer topics and describe how these advances can be applied to their practice.
On the first day, participants will be able to discuss with European experts the important topics about treatment options for differentiated and medullary thyroid cancer, and enhance on specific surgical strategies. This day will also give them the opportunity to observe live innovative thyroid surgery and application of modern technologies. The second day is a hands-on cadaveric course that will cover commonly used surgical techniques to deal with both central and lateral neck dissections. This second day includes also a case-based discussion session.
- Hands on sessions
- Transmission of live surgery
- Clinical cases discussion sessions
- Plenary lectures
- Shifting paradigm in thyroid pathology
- Preoperative evaluation of thyroid cancer
- New advances in the treatment of thyroid cancer
- Management of persistent and recurrent thyroid cancer
- Morbidity of surgery for thyroid cancer
Young surgeons or surgeons in training interested in thyroid cancer surgery.