ESSO Advanced Online Course on Postoperative Management and Dealing with Complications in Pancreatic Surgery
29 January, 2021 - Open
Aim of the event
This online course will address the premises in the perioperative care of patients undergoing pancreatic that minimize the risks with the operation and lead to the best outcome even when encountering postoperative complications.
During the session, participants will learn how to clasify correctly and grade pancreatic-surgery related complications, how to learn evidence behind different strategies and how to handle appropriately the long-term consequences after extended pancreatic resections.
- Perioperative managing and enhanced recovery strategies after surgery
- Diagnosis, stratification and treatment of pancreatic fistula, delayed gastric emptying, postpancreatectomy haemorrhage and thrombosis, biliary complications.
- Dealing with long-term consequences of pancreatic surgery – exocrine insufficiency, diabetes, post plexus-resection diarrhoea.
- Plenary lectures focusing on the state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatments
- Case-based discussions including case presentations
- Open question-and-answer interactions with participants
- Surgical residents in the last year of specialisation with clinical interest in pancreatic surgery
- Fellows in HPB surgery
- Younger HPB consultants, general surgeons and surgical oncologists with interest in gaining more profound insight in handling pancreatic-surgery related morbidity
Participation and Registration fees
An application has been made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event.
Registration fee is 50€ for members and 60€ for non-members.
Once your participation is confirmed and payment received you will recieve instructions on how to use the WebEx programme which the Webinar will be hosted on
Please contact Ana Galán (email@example.com) for any further information.
Before applying for this course please read carefully the ESSO Terms and Conditions for Educational Live Events.