ESSO Webinar on Essentials of Robotic Surgery: How to Get Started
07 June, 2023 - Preview
Time: 6 to 7.30 pm CEST
Aim of the webinar
It is becoming common practice to use robotic approach for oncological cases. Having more robotic platforms available, an increased used of robotic approach is anticipated in the next few years.Starting with a robotic program and gaining surgical skills on robotics are key for those wishing to do robotic surgery.
The aim of this webinar is to make participants aware of the impact of robotics on the surgical management of oncological pathology so they can better apply new technologies to everyday practice.
Afsana Elanko, Education, Healthcare and Leadership, UK
Ruth Colino, Vall d'Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, SP
Domenico D'Ugo, Catholic University of Rome, "A. Gemelli" Medical School, Rome, IT
Jim Khan, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Florian Primavesi, Salzkammergutkliniküm OÖG, Vöcklabruk, AT
18:00-18:05- Welcome and introduction to Webinar, A. Elanko
18.05 – 18.20 Skills introduction to robotic surgery: How to get started with Robotic training, R. Blanco Colino
18.20- 18.40 Robotics in Hepatobiliary surgery, F. Primavesi
18.40-19.00 Robotics in Upper GI surgery, D. D'Ugo
19.00-19.20 Robotics in Colorectal surgery, J. Khan
19:20-19:30 Q&A with Discussion
- Skills introduction to robotic surgery
- Tips for getting ready for robotic procedures
- What is needed for specific programs and main tips for each subspecialty procedures
- Current evidence of robotics application on oncological surgery
After the session it is envisaged, you will:
- Know the basic introduction to robotic surgery
- Know about examples of robotic surgery in relation to:
- Upper GI
- Know some of the evidence base around robotic surgery
- Surgeons and doctors with a clinical interest in cancer and robotic surgery
- Members of multidisciplinary team involved cancer and/or robotic surgery
This webinar is free to all.
Register in advance for this webinar
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.