ESSO webinar: VTE Prevention in Cancer Patients
13 October, 2020 - Preview
This interactive workshop webinar with case based discussions will be presented by ESSO President Elect Prof. Domenico D’Ugo, Prof. Juan I Arcelus and Mr Feras Abu Saadeh on Tuesday 13 June at 18:30 CET.
The objective of the webinar is to update participants on the latest clinical data, current international guidelines on preventing VTE in cancer patients undergoing surgery.
- Incidence, pathogenesis and clinical significance of VTE in cancer patients undergoing surgery
- Latest clinical data for prolonged thrombo-prophylaxis in high risk abdominal and gynaecological cancer surgery
- Update on current clinical guidelines and risk stratification scores for abdominal and gynaecological cancers
- Awareness and implementation of clinical guidelines of VTE prophylaxis by Surgeons
- Practical implementation of clinical guidelines and patient’s experience/ QoL data
Expected educational outcomes
- Increased awareness of the recommendations from the clinical guidelines.
- Surgical oncologists: abdominal, GI, Gynae colorectal surgeons.
Participation and Registration fees
An application has been made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event.
The webinar is for free to all.
We look forward to welcoming you to the event!