ESSO Webinar on the Multidisciplinary Approaches in the Treatment of GISTs - In partnership with ESSTSS
01 April, 2021 - Closed
Time: 6pm to 7pm CET
Aim of the webinar
The objective of this webinar is to discuss the multidisciplinary approaches for treating GISTs and bring into light the interaction between surgical and medical oncologists. At the end of the webinar, participants will have a better understanding of the multidisciplinary treatment of these tumors.
Lecture on The Multidisciplinary Treatment of Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumors (25' + Q&A)
Dr Winan van Houdt , The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Prof Chandrajit Raut, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, US
30' Case discussion session
- Background and basic information on GIST at all locations: from gastric to intestinal and rectal GISTs.
- Surgical strategies for GISTs
- Optimalization of primary GIST treatment: neo-adjuvant imatinib to optimize organ saving surgery
- The role of surgery in metastazised GIST patients: both for imatinib sensitive and non-imatinib sensitive patients
- Plenary lecture
- Q&A session
- Surgical residents in the last two years of specialisation with clinical interest in GIST, sarcoma,, colorectal, or upper GI surgery.
- Surgical oncologists and colorectal surgeons
- Medical oncologists with an interest in GISTs
- Representatives of GIST patient organizations
Participation and Registration fees
An application has been made to the ACOE for CME accreditation of this event.
Registration fee is 20€ for ESSO members and 25€ for non-members
Once your participation is confirmed and payment received you will recieve instructions on how to use the ZOOM programme which the Webinar will be hosted on.
Please contact Ana Galán for any further information.
Before applying for this course please read carefully the ESSO Terms and Conditions for Educational Live Events.
This course is closed