European School of Peritoneal Surface Oncology Training Programme
The European School of Peritoneal Surface Oncology Training Programme includes the following mandatory educational activities:
Clinical training at one of the established PSO Treatment Programmes recognised by PSOGI:
- Observation of Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC procedures
- Direct participation in the execution of Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC procedures from aenesthesia induction to patient leaving the operating room
- Participation and attendance to ad hoc multidisciplinary conferences ("tumour board") for presentation, discussion patient selection and therapeutic decision-making
- Presence in in-hospital postoperative follow up
Please click here to download the list of PSO programmes recognised by PSOGI.
Attendance to two ESSO Advanced courses in Peritoneal Surface Oncology
- A hands-on course with practice of cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in a veterinary lab, including practical case-discussions, tips and tricks and videos, run yearly in Hamburg (Germany). Next edition of this course will take place from 29th to 31st March 2018.
- A theoretical course dealing with the scientific basis and current multidisciplinary practice of Peritoneal Surface Oncology, run biannually at rotating sites. Next edition of this course will take place from 12th to 14th October 2017 in Genk (BE).
Attendance to two Peritoneal Surface Oncology Congresses
- At least one PSOGI World Congress (biannual). Next congress will take place in Paris (France) from 9th to 11th September 2018.
- List of PSO congresses, recognised by PSOGI
Formulation and elaboration of a research project
- Under the supervision of an established Programme recognised by PSOGI, to be presented at a congress and submitted for publication at a peer-reviewed journal. This project may evolve into a thesis.
- A tutor/mentor will be assigned to you for guidance, tutoring and planning off your training activities throughout the programme.
If you wish to apply please send the following documents in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form duly completed
- Letter describing motivation to participate in the program
- Short curriculum (maximum 2 pages) including a list of recent publications
- A picture
For further information: email@example.com