European School of Peritoneal Surface Oncology Training Programme
The European School of Peritoneal Surface Oncology Training Programme lasts 2 years and includes the following mandatory educational activities:
Clinical training at one of the established PSO Treatment Programmes recognised by the School:
- Observation of Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC procedures
- Direct participation in the execution of Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC procedures from aenesthesia induction to patient leaving the operating room
- Participation and attendance to ad hoc multidisciplinary conferences ("tumour board") for presentation, discussion patient selection and therapeutic decision-making
- Presence in in-hospital postoperative follow up
Attendance to two ESSO Advanced courses in Peritoneal Surface Oncology
- A hands-on course with practice of cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in a veterinary lab, including practical case-discussions, tips and tricks and videos, run yearly in Hamburg (Germany). Due to the COVID 19 situation, next edition of this course has been postopned to March 2022.
- A theoretical course dealing with the scientific basis and current multidisciplinary practice of Peritoneal Surface Oncology, run biannually at rotating sites. Next edition of this course will take place in Regensburg in October-November 2022.
Attendance to two Peritoneal Surface Oncology Congresses
- At least one PSOGI World Congress (biannual).
- List of upcoming PSO congresses recognised by PSOGI (non-exhaustive):
- ESSO-EYSAC Hands on Course on Laparoscopy in the Mangement of Peritoneal Carcinomatosis, 13-14 June 2022, Alicante (SP)
- 1st SingHealth Peritoneal Surface Oncology Conference and Comprehensive Management of Peritoneal Malignancy Workshop, 24-27 August 2022 (virtual/in-person meeting)
Possibility of sponsorship from Surgery ACP Global Surgery Programme for delegates from low income countries. The sponsorship includes registration fee (virtual/physical conference) and travel grant of up to SGD$1,500 for those who are attending the workshop and/or conference physically. Interested delegates are to submit their CV/resume and completed application form (Form A) to the programme’s secretariat (Ms Nurimah, email@example.com) by 31 May 2022. Please request Form A from Ms Nurimah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance to the ESPSO webinar series
These webinars aim at giving participants access to the basic knowledge they need to have on the following specialities: radiology, medical oncology, pathology and palliative care.
Formulation and elaboration of a research project
- Under the supervision of an established Programme recognised by PSOGI, to be presented at a congress and submitted for publication at a peer-reviewed journal. This project may evolve into a thesis.
- A tutor/mentor will be assigned to you for guidance, tutoring and planning off your training activities throughout the programme.
If you wish to apply please send the following documents in a single PDF document to email@example.com:
- Application form duly completed
- Letter describing motivation to participate in the program
- Short curriculum (maximum 2 pages) including a list of recent publications
- A picture
Administration and mandatory courses registration fees
Participants can choose between
- Split payment option: payment of the administration fee (1770€) before starting the program. The courses registration fees are paid separately.
- One shot payment: payment of the administration fee (15% discount) and the registration fee for the ESSO HIPEC and PSM courses before starting the program.
Information for future referral centres and mentors
Please see here the criteria to apply to become a Referral Center of Training and a mentor.
Please click here to apply.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org