The ESSO 38 Scientific Committee will award a number of fellowship grants to participants from emerging countries* to attend the Congress.
* low income economies and low-middle income economies as per the classification of the World Bank.
To be considered for a fellowship grant, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of ESSO;
- Be under the age of 40;
- Submit an abstract for ESSO 38. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered first;
- Submit a letter explaining the benefits of attending ESSO 38;
- Provide a two-page CV (including date of birth and list of 5 publications);
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support;
- Provide a copy of the submitted abstract;
The deadline for receipt of applications is 10th May 2018 (abstract submission deadline). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
A maximum of 5 Travel Grants will be offered. Each travel grant will include:
- Reimbursement of 500 Euro for travel costs. If travel is less than 500 EUR, the remaining amount will be used to cover accommodation or registration to the Congress.
Travel grants will be paid within one month after the congress upon submission of receipts.
No-show or the absence of a poster will lead to the cancellation of the grant.
Please send your application to:
Telephone: +32 (0)2 537 31 06
The decision on the recipients of the travel grants lies at the sole discretion of the ESSO 38 Scientific Successful applicants will be notified following the abstract meeting of 10th June 2018. Successful fellows will still be entitled to register at early rate until mid-July.
Before applying, please ensure you have already uploaded your CV to your profile.