ESSO Fellowship in Breast Surgery (Budapest, HU)
The National Institute of Oncology in Budapest has been the epidemiological, organizational, methodological, treatment, research and training centre of Hungarian oncology for more than half a century now. It consists of ten clinical and six research departments and employs over a thousand professionals and support staff.
The Department of Breast Cancer and Sarcoma Surgery is part of the complex oncological services offered by the Institute and, in line with the challenges of the age, continues to undertake modern oncoplastic breast cancer surgery, keeping in mind the international requirements of the European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA), within the framework of the multidisciplinary oncological care. The rate of immediate and postponed reconstructions reaches 21%. Over a thousand primary breast cancer surgeries are performed each year, which represents 14-15% of all breast cancer in Hungary.
In order to support the supbspecialist education of surgeons who wish to have further specialised training in the multi-modality clinical care specific to breast cancer patients and a deeper knowledge in breast cancer oncoplastic surgery the National Institute of Oncology offers a one-month fellowship (with the possibility of hands-on experience) to ESSO members.
This post is supported by the National Institute of Oncology with 1500€. The selected candidate will join the Institute on (no dates available by now)
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in breast surgery and with interest in oncoplastic breast surgery
- Applicants must be ESSO members in good standing (please note: applications from non-members will not be considered)
- Applicants must be fluent in English
How to apply?
Applications must be sent to Ana Galán (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following information (single PDF document):
- A motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit
- A letter of support from their Head of Department
- A CV including present and previous positions held (include dates from and to), relevant publications and presentations to learned societies
Deadline to apply
The call for applications has not been launched yet.