EYSAC Research Fellowship
Due to the situation created by the COVID19, ESSO has decided to suspend all training and research fellowships until 2021.
The ESSO Young Surgeons and Alumni Club (EYSAC) grants an annual standard research fellowship of 1.500€ for a training period of 1-3 months to support a young colleague who wishes to expand his/her research experience in surgical oncology. The fellowship is awarded in order to provide training in clinical research in renowned cancer centre, support efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence and provide the necessary support to develop surgical oncology research projects.
The following applies to this fellowship:
- The trainee period should occur within one year following the deadline for application
- The fellowship position must not be salaried
- The fellowship must take place in a country other than the applicant's current place of training (European candidates may choose to visit European or non-European institutes while non-European candidates must choose to visit a European unit).
- The successfull candidate will be expected to write a report about his/her experience and provide a testimonial and pictures for publication on the ESSO website within 3 months of return from the fellowship.
- Previous fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award
Who can apply?
- be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology
- be a member of the ESSO Young Surgeons Alumni Club in good standing (please note: applications from non-members will not be considered)
- be younger than 40 years of age or be in a training grade
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted online (in English only) and include the following information:
- A motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit
- A letter of support from their Head of Department
- A letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit
- A CV including present and previous positions held (include dates from and to), relevant publications and presentations to learned societies
Applicants must submit all above documents in a single PDF document. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When to apply?
Application process closed until 2021.
Please click here to access the host hospitals, institutions and cancer centers registry. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and that you can select any other institution of your choice.
- In 2019/2020, the EYSAC Research Fellowship was granted to Mahesh Sultania (IN), who will visit the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NL)