Training Fellowship Reports
Providing the best possible education and training to surgeons wishing to pursue a career in the field of oncology is at the core of the ESSO mission.
For the junior (medical students or “in training”), our society provides different opportunities to let them acquire an overview of the complexity of oncology and the importance of multidisciplinarity to become the future surgical specialists in cancer care.
On this page, you can find some testimonials from some of them who benefited from the ESSO fellowship in the past years.
In 2018, the major fellowship was granted to:
Gijs van Boxel, from Oxford University Hospital (UK), to visit University Medical Center Utrecht (NL)
The 8 standard fellowships were granted to:
- Orestis Ioannidis, from Medical School Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (GR), to visit Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico di Milano (IT)
- Olalekan Olasehinde, from Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex from University of Ilorin Teaching hospital (NG), to visit The Royal Derbi Hospital (UK)
- Slava Kopetskyi, from National Cancer Institute (UA), to visit The Chaim Sheba Medical Center (IL)
- Anastasios Angelou, from University of Athens (GR), to visit Cleveland Clinic (SU)
- Tapan Singh Chauhan, from Gujarat Cancer Research Institute (IN), to visit Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud
- Saket Kumar, from King's George Medical University, to visit Verona University (Institute of Pancreas) (IT)
- Mariana Morales, from Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán (MX), to visit Leicester General Hospital (UK)
- Ramya Yethadka, from Manipal Comprehensive Cancer Center, Manipal Hospital (IN), to visit Royal Marsden NHS Trust Foundation (UK)
Institution: Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex Ile-Ife (NG)
Learning Objective: To gain experience in oncoplastic breast surgery and management of breast cancer in general.