Assistant Editor Position for EJSO now open! 31/10/2019
The term will be for a period of 12 months with the possibility of a 12-month extension on assessment of performance.
Applications are invited from surgeons at a senior stage in training or in early consultant/attending practice. Prior editorial experience is not essential but a keen interest in research in surgical oncology is needed and the ability to critically appraise articles.
The post will include:
- Continuing to expand the journal’s social media footprint
- Managing and highlighting articles from the journal’s Twitter account @ejsotweets
- Editing visual abstracts for dissemination through social media
- Assisting the editors with peer-review of articles submitted to the journal and the publication process
- Attending and contributing to the yearly editorial board meeting at the ESSO conference
- Corresponding with the Editors, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher via email and teleconference
- Developing a research project in collaboration with the Editors related to publishing in Surgical Oncology
The post is not a salaried position but will include reasonable travel expenses for journal-related travel to the ESSO annual conference not to exceed a maximum of 1,000 EUR upon prior Publisher’s approval and conference registration for the ESSO annual conference in Lisbon on 21-23 October 2020 subject to availability and invitation as a speaker.
To apply submit one A4 page expression of interest outlining what you will bring to this role and a 2-page CV to M.Volz@elsevier.com by the 16th November 2019.