Call for Expressions of Interest in Hosting ESSO Congress 07/03/2018
The next ESSO congress (ESSO 38) will take place on 10-12 October 2018 in Budapest. Featuring a high quality three-day scientific programme on the theme “Better outcome with innovative surgery”, the congress will provide the surgical oncology community from Europe and beyond a stimulating scientific and educational platform with opportunities for sharing expertise and building relations with peers. We sincerely hope that you will join us in Budapest for this major surgical oncology event in Europe.
During its recent strategic retreat, the ESSO Board of Directors’ felt the need to offer the surgical oncology community a scientific and educational platform on a yearly basis, which will enable more timely presentation of the latest developments and innovative techniques. ESSO will hence organize a yearly stand-alone congress as of 2018.
Time is running and it is time to look at possible venues for the upcoming events in 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are calling for expressions of interest from national affiliated societies and individual members to host the ESSO 39, ESSO 40 or ESSO 41. The ESSO Congress typically takes place in the month of September or October and runs from Wednesday to Friday.
If you are interested in hosting one of the upcoming ESSO congresses, please send a letter of intent via e-mail to the ESSO Secretariat, attention Carine Lecoq, at email@example.com by 20th March 2018.
Your letter of intent must include the following information:
- Motivation for hosting the ESSO congress;
- Year when you would like to host the ESSO congress (if no preference please also specify);
- Reasons for which the ESSO Congress should be organized in your city/region/country including opportunities for fostering interactions with the profession at local or national level;
- The level of anticipated local participation and support for the conference, i.e. how your national society or the local surgical community can assist with:
- the promotion of the congress,
- the organisation of social events (contacts with the local authorities, etc.),
- attracting delegates, exhibitors and sponsors,
- If you are proposing that the conference could be held in partnership with, or adjacent to, a national or regional conference, please give details including the advantages and disadvantages for ESSO;
Please note that the above information is all what is required from your side at this stage. Do not request an offer from a local PCO as it will not considered. ESSO is working with an international Professional Congress Organiser (PCO) who will coordinate the bid process and carry out the necessary search and collection of information with the relevant proposed venues.
The ESSO Congress Committee and Board of Directors will make a pre-selection of suitable venues in the spring and the societies or individual members who have submitted an expression of interest will be informed of the outcome of their proposal. ESSO’s appointed international PCO will then plan visits to the pre-selected venues. They may ask the applicant for additional information if required.
It is anticipated that the ESSO Board of Directors will make a decision on the venues for the next ESSO Congresses during the summer based on the reports of visits and data analysis performed by its appointed international PCO.
Please note: Only expressions of interest from national affiliated societies and individual members will be considered.