📢Call for nominations📢 for EYSAC National Representatives 2021🎗️ 08/02/2021
Are you a young, passionate, and aspiring surgical oncologist?
Then take on the mantle of leadership and volunteer to become a national representative for the ESSO Young Surgeons & Alumni Club (EYSAC)!
What is the role of a EYSAC national representative?
EYSAC exists with the aim of helping junior surgeons play an active role in the future of surgical oncology. Together with EYSAC ambassadors from around the world you will strategize, network, teach and lead the charge towards a better future for the next generation of young surgical oncologists.
What is EYSAC’s mission?
The Club shares the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) vision and has multiple missions:
- To facilitate networking between young surgeons interested in surgical oncology
- To assist junior surgeons in embarking on (academic) surgical oncology
- To improve surgical oncology training throughout Europe
- To facilitate active transfer of knowledge and young surgeons between institutes
- To provide feedback from educational events
- To develop new avenues for surgical oncology
What do we expect from a EYSAC national representative?
- To promote ESSO activities through national, local and personal networks, social media and other means;
- To update EYSAC Steering Committee and ESSO about national initiatives, local activities, projects and issues, and in turn inform the local community about ESSO activities;
- To help increase the membership of EYSAC and ESSO;
- To provide details about national young surgical oncology networks or groups;
- To provide information on centers of research.
What do we offer?
- Recognition of your commitment to EYSAC and role of national representative in your country on the ESSO website and within the Surgical Oncology community;
- Networking opportunities with peers and key figures in the Surgical Oncology community;
- Possible future committee positions within ESSO;
- Opportunity to be involved in collaborative clinical trials;
- Assistance in highlighting surgical oncology as a specialty within your country.
Who can apply?
- Any young ESSO member under the age of 40 years old.
How to apply?
- Send a one page letter of motivation accompanied by a 2 pages resumé to Adriana Pereira, ESSO Communications & Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about EYSAC?
Visit the dedicated EYSAC section of the ESSO website
We look forward to receiving your nomination by the deadline of 31st March 2021.
Candidates will be informed within one month later.