ETC call for applications 202201/07/2022
Call for Nominations: ESSO Education and Training Committee
The ESSO Education and Training Committee has positions open to new members in the Upper GI, PSM and Transversal projects Working Groups.
The Education and Training Committee (ETC) is responsible for the development and implementation of the educational strategy defined by ESSO Management Board. This strategy has been established in accordance with the society’s mission to support its members in advancing the science and practice of surgical oncology for the benefit of cancer patients.
The Committee is composed of seven working groups:
- Breast disease
- Upper GI
- Transversal projects
Among other responsibilities, the elected new members will
- Participate actively in their respective working group meetings (mainly virtual meetings) and opportunity to meet in person at the ESSO Congress
- Be responsible for developing, supervising and assessing the sub-specialty working group activities
- Design a one-year educational programme for the sub-specialty (webinars, courses, case studies, etc) considering financial implications and cost-effectiveness
- Design the content of a training programme in line with the ESSO core curriculum and matching ESSO members’ educational needs and update requisites, bringing in novelties and covering topics of the EBSQ examinations in Surgical Oncology and Breast Surgery, along with the experts/speakers to be involved
- Facilitate sponsorship
- Evaluate yearly feedback and quality measures of activities
- Update curriculum section related to their sub-specialty
- Contribute to educational transversal activities as appropriate (research, inter-specialty or multidisciplinary)
The new members will be elected for a period of 2 years which may be renewed by the ESSO board for 2 more years subject to satisfactory performance. Their mandate will start in October 2022.
If you are an ESSO member, are clearly committed to education and training and wish to be directly involved in the development and implementation of the society’s educational activities, please do not hesitate to complete the application form and return it together with the requested documentation to email@example.com by 31st July 2022.