Reference Textbook in Surgical Oncology
The Textbook on Surgical Oncology Theory and Multidisciplinary Practice
Surgical oncology is now a recognized specialty in the US and several European countries, and cancer surgery takes up a significant part of any general surgeon’s workload.
This thoroughly updated second edition of the textbook “Surgical Oncology Theory and Multidisciplinary Practice” provides a definitive reference work encompassing advances in cancer surgery as well as the application of new adjunctive therapies to improve operative outcomes.
Edited by ESSO leading members i.e. Lynda Wyld, Graeme Poston, and Riccardo Audisio, the book appeals to a wide range of clinical practitioners, and the contribution of international experts from all surgical oncology specialties ensures that each chapter reflects current best practice.
The bookis is also an invaluable tool for the preparation for the relevant European exam in Surgical Oncology, as its content mirrors both the syllabus and the core curriculum of the European training requirements in surgical oncology, as developed by ESSO and the Division of Surgical Oncology of the Section of Surgery of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). The examination is for trainees at the end of training or established consultants seeking to expand their accreditation.
- Provides a state-of-the-art review of all aspects of cancer surgery
- Complements the syllabus and curriculum of the UEMS examination in Surgical Oncology, administered by ESSO
- Includes chapters written by highly acclaimed international contributors
- Covers the role of the surgical oncologist in the management of patients with solid tumors
The book has now been released and is available here.
To claim your 15% ESSO member discount code:
1. Log into ESSOweb under the 'My ESSO' tab at the top of this page.
2. On the right of the 'My Profile' page (under the heading 'Pages') click on 'Member Discount Codes'.