The ESSO Young Surgeons and Alumni Club (EYSAC) was created during the 2010 ESSO Congress in Bordeaux, on 17 September 2010.
EYSAC has been created with the aim to help junior surgeons play an active role in the future of surgical oncology. The Club has multiple missions, including:
- To facilitate networking between young surgeons interested in surgical oncology;
- To assist junior surgeons in dealing with (academic) surgical oncology;
- To improve surgical oncology training throughout Europe;
- To facilitiate active transfer of knowledge and young surgeons between institutes;
- To provide feedback from educational events;
- To develop new avenues for surgical oncology.